Jakarta Center For Ear Care and Communicative Disorders
Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital
Jalan Diponegoro 71
Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota
Tel: 62-21-31905088, 62-21-3912257
Hospital and University Affiliation
University of Indonesia, Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine
Ronny Suwento, MD, ORL
Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital
Being a national referral hospital, the Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital has a Department of Health Services, medical doctors of all levels of medical disciplines, paramedical and 1500 bed capacity.
Medical Faculty University of Indonesia
The faculty adjoins with the Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital, which is one of the faculty’s major hospitals. It is the first medical faculty ever built in Indonesia (with several changes in the faculty's name between the Dutch Colonial Era until now), and also the oldest faculty in the University of Indonesia.
The Jakarta Centre
The Jakarta Centre is a part of the Department of Otolaryngology- Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia and Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo National Hospital.
The Otolaryngology (ORL) Department has 9 divisions and 28 academic staff.
The daily activities of Jakarta Centre are currently organized by the Community Otolaryngology Division’s staff working in the center.
Jakarta Centre for Ear Care and Communicative Disorders was officially inaugurated in February 1992. Since July 1995, the Jakarta Centre was officially recognized by IFOS (International Federation of Otorhinolaryngology Societies) and ISA (International Society of Audiology).
Officers of the Institution / Staff of the Jakarta Centre
Semiramis Zizlavsky MD, ORL
Trijuda Airlangga MD.ORL
Fikry H. Yasin Md.ORL
Education and Training
- To develop and conduct training and continuing medical education for ear and hearing care professionals
from primary to tertiary level.
- To develop seminars, symposiums, workshops and update courses on ear and hearing management.
- To promote and disseminate awareness of prevention of deafness and hearing impairment.
- To serve as a tertiary referral center for ear and hearing care.
- To conduct ear and hearing screening from newborn to worker and other high risk populations.
- To provide ear and hearing intervention. (habilitation / rehabilitation)
- To provide outreach services to underserved communities.
- To conduct epidemiology and clinical-epidemiology studies for ear and hearing health.
- To conduct clinical studies especially for the high risk populations in various clinical settings.
- To conduct research studies on the development of appropriate technology for control of hearing impairment and deafness.
Link with other National Health Institutions
- The Jakarta Center also works closely with the following:
- The Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia(c/q Directorate of Community Health)
- National Committee For Prevention and Control of Deafness and Hearing Impairment
- WHO Indonesia Representative
- Indonesian Speech Therapy Academy
- Indonesia Audiology Academy
Link with Institutions Abroad
- IFOS: International Federation of Otolaryngology Societies (member)
- ISA: International Societies of Audiology (member)
- Hearing International (member)
- Hearing International Japan
- Japan International Cooperation Agency