Danang Ear and Hearing Center
06 Nguyen Lo Trach Street, Danang City, Vietnam
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://hoitmhdn.com
Huynh Ba Tan, MD, F.A.C.S.
Danang Ear and Hearing Center was established by Hearing International Organization on July 31, 2002. We are cooperating with other tertiary hospitals in the Middle area of Vietnam to create a network for education and training of the undergraduate and graduate levels, and providing ENT services. Our affiliated tertiary hospitals are Danang General Hospital, Central C Hospital and Obstetrical and Pediatric Hospital in Danang City. We have been operating with cochlear implantation since September 2012. Until now we have successfully operated on 20 cases with profound bilateral sensorineural hearing loss and fitted Hearing Aids for over 1000 cases.
1. Training pediatricians and otolaryngologists to screen for hearing problems and to provide the health promotion against ear problems every year since 2002.
2. Organized many annual National and International Conferences, specifically the Vietnam- France Audio- Phonology Conferences in 2012 and 2016.
3. Teaching ENT students and specialist doctors from two Medical Colleges in the Middle area since 2007.
To develop primary care and provide necessary services.
Research and development of the guidelines for hearing screening and rehabilitation of hearing disability at Danang City and 12 provinces in the middle area of Vietnam.
Providing the public awareness of hearing loss, how to prevent hearing loss, vertigo, vestibular rehabilitation, and tinnitus by numerous types of publications and media, conversation on TV, and in conference meetings.
Residency Training Course
1. Middle ear surgery and Temporal bone course
2. Hearing Aid fitting
3. Hearing screening
4. Vestibular function testing
Medical Doctors and ENT Training Course
1. We offered the four training courses for screening and providing primary ear care for ENT doctors from Cambodia, Hue Medical College and 12 provinces hospitals from 1986 to 2006. These activities helped to empower the rural community hospitals.
2. Master Degree in ENT practitioners.
1. The center organized many short course trainings for otolaryngologists, general practitioners, audiologists, and residents from many provinces, Cambodia, and Laos from 2000 to 2002.
2. Cooperation with Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippine, Australia and France for training ENT staff about ear surgery and fitting Hearing Aids.
Health Providers and Special Education Teachers Training Course
1. Hearing Aid maintenance for special education teachers.
2. Aural rehabilitation and Speech rehabilitation for special education teachers
3. Vestibular rehabilitation for Physical therapists.
Research in process:
1. Outcome of Treatment in Meniere’s Disease
2. Quality of Life in Tinnitus Patients
3. Outcome of Cochlear Implantation
‘HEALTHY EAR AND BETTER HEARING’